The relaunch of Dolby ads also reinforces consumers’ overall perception and intent to purchase NEXTGEN TVs.
WASHINGTON, March 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The new NEXTGEN TV ad, including Dolby ads from its latest marketing campaign that debuted on local TV stations across the United States, is resonating strongly with consumers.
Pearl TV’s marketing campaign began in November 2021 and ran through the holiday season in 17 major U.S. television markets covering 28.8 million households, with local television stations airing spots declaring “the future of television has arrived.” The campaign used engaging ads created by Hothouse, which sought to grab viewers’ attention and send them exploring for more information on new standard and compatible smart TVs at www.watchnextgentv.com.
Recent research by Magid, in conjunction with Dolby and trade group Pearl TV, tested the new marketing campaign in seven of the service’s live TV markets.
The research found among consumers:
- Consumer awareness is increasing: 40% were familiar with NEXTGEN TV, compared to 25% last year among those in the markets where it is available;
- Ready to buy: 74% of people who viewed ads were likely to purchase a NEXTGEN TV from the TV makers featured in the ad, up from 60% in 2021, and 30% of them subsequently purchased a NEXTGEN TV;
- Dolby adds to the experience: 60% were more likely to buy a NEXTGEN TV after watching the Dolby ad and listed Dolby Audio enabled features as a major reason for purchase;
- The scalable stands out: The main differentiator (70%) of NEXTGEN TVs is that they are designed to be upgradeable with new technological advancements.
“This effort not only reveals the value and adoption of NEXTGEN TV by broadcast stations, but also how increased consumer awareness and interest in NEXTGEN TV is influencing their future purchase considerations, regardless of channel configurations. content or streaming platforms that already exist in the household,” said Pearl TV’s general manager. Anne Schelle. “We anticipate that with the additional participation of TV manufacturers and retailers in this brand campaign, consumer adoption will grow exponentially. With such compelling data, broadcasters currently have a tremendous opportunity to capitalize on the value that NEXTGEN TV provides to their viewers and their business.”
The campaign includes a comprehensive, user-friendly website that explains new technologies, includes a list of cities now offering NEXTGEN TV services or expected to launch later this year, and features a list of TV products equipped to receive NEXTGEN TV from manufacturers . LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony and, later this year, Hisense. An essential element of the campaign, which will be extended until 2022 with a new creation, is the NEXTGEN TV logo. Part of the Consumer Technology Association’s compliance program, the logo serves as an emblem that consumers should look for when purchasing a NEXTGEN TV to more easily distinguish it from other smart TVs.
Now streaming in nearly 50 markets, NEXTGEN TV is expected to reach more than 80% of U.S. homes by the end of 2022. gain territory. This is underscored by the fact that consumers are increasingly turning to their local broadcast stations to provide NEXTGEN TV services, they want TVs with NEXTGEN TV capabilities and they want to be part of the future. of television,” mentioned Bill HayeExecutive Vice President of the Media Strategy Group at Magid.
Research has also shown that the following stand out as strong differentiators for NEXTGEN TV:
- Scalable as new services are rolled out over time;
- Consistent sound levels from channel to channel;
- Enhanced Internet content allowing viewers to get the most out of news, sports and events;
- Better sound enabled by Dolby Audio technologies found only on NEXTGEN TVs;
- Dolby AC-4, which can enable immersive cinema-quality sound
- Voice enhancement + dialogue for intelligibility and clarity that lets you hear every voice clearly
- Superb 4Khigh dynamic range (HDR) video.
“Our mission at Dolby is to immerse audiences in the stories they love while giving creatives the tools to do their best work,” said Mathias Bendull, Vice President, Living Room, Dolby Laboratories. “In the case of NEXTGEN TV, we have the opportunity to put our powerful sound technology in front of consumers in a new way – bringing value to the broadcast industry and improving the consumer experience when they watch television.”
About NEXTGEN TV
NEXTGEN TV is a broadcast technology standard, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, and is the first major overhaul of the Advanced Television Systems Committee standard for over-the-air (OTA) signal reception since the introduction from ATSC 1.0 in 1996. NEXTGEN TV is based on Internet Protocol technology for interactivity, presenting the best combination of online and broadcast television, and innovation continues as new services are developed.
Magid is a consumer-centric commerce strategy firm that delivers courageous thinking that shapes better experiences, products and services. Since 1957, thousands of local and global brands in over 40 countries have engaged the company for bold ideas that have driven innovation and success. The Magid team is passionately curious and driven by the pursuit of improving human experiences with every engagement.
SOURCE Pearl TV