Who we are?
Since 2011, the General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering and experiential training in the skills most in demand today. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, commerce, and more, both online and on campuses around the world. Our global professional community has 40,000 alumni – and it’s not over yet.
In addition to fostering the career development of individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top technological talent and drive innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees of elite companies around the world have honed their digital skills through our in-house training programs. GA was also recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500s, and Fast Company has called us the leaders of ideas that change the world and the most innovative company in education.
Description of the role
As a Marketing Producer, you will own Australia’s end-to-end marketing plan. You will create a plan that will allow us to effectively grow the business by capturing and creating value through high impact, high volume events and be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with businesses and organizations noteworthy in the tech, design, startup and enterprise industries in Australia. ecosystem.
You will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience and maintaining a very engaged community that adds value to GA students, campus and businesses. You will also be responsible for planning and executing the regular programming of events, including hiring and managing speakers or instructors.
You also depend on many other departments and people in the organization to achieve your goals (the Student Experience team, the Global Marketing team, the Admissions team, etc.) and must be able to manage through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers to account and working collaboratively to set deadlines and mobilize the right resources from groups other than your own.
- Identify and market new and existing exciting topics by creating engaging events. Bring your creativity and expertise to advance GA’s holistic marketing plan, taking ideas for new events and workshops from concept to launch.
- Planning: Develop a quarterly calendar of events and workshops that optimizes market demand and fills our event space and / or classrooms. Carefully select a mix of content for your market and forecast the impact against quarterly business goals. Identify the appropriate speakers, partners and instructors to ensure quality programming that fills the room.
- Execution and planning: You manage all aspects of running the program and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. Whether it’s making sure speakers and instructors show up on time, checking the A / V, writing a copy, and coordinating with our admissions team for strategic alignment with launches. of course, you’re a rockstar to ensure the details are in place. You will be the face of the GA and responsible for the energetic introductions and launches of the programs.
- Awareness raising and partnership management: You will cultivate new partnerships and nurture relationships with current partners to co-develop event content and co-market events on campus or create brand awareness initiatives and campaigns.
- Find and Hire Local Experts in Technology, Design, and Business: Finding talented instructors, speakers, and experts is key to developing a great event or learning experience. You will research and evaluate the right people for the job and be in touch with them while they teach or speak at GA.
- Creation of marketing assets: You will support the team in the design of materials such as social media posts, landing pages, promotional resources for digital marketing channels.
- Management of the student experience: You are responsible for making sure the students have a great deal of experience. Through student feedback and the impeccable execution of the program, students should feel that the General Assembly is invested in their success and feel welcome in the GA community.
- Monitoring and reporting: You will track and report on all metrics surrounding your event and workshop plan, identify opportunities and optimizations, and address pacing issues as needed.
- You have 3-5 years of marketing experience, with exposure and understanding of a range of marketing channels, such as: events, audience growth, partnerships, email, website, paid, social and content.
- You are enterprising, independent and autonomous, with the ability to define your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, and remain calm under pressure.
- You are data-driven and comfortable with using and interpreting data to make decisions, present new ideas and define strategies.
- You have a “growth spirit” attitude towards learning and teaching as a craft.
- You are very organized: when it comes to workflow, you are proud of your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once and work with all the parties needed externally and internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve, and execute in a timely manner.
- You write an excellent copy. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work collaboratively within a team demonstrating a strong interpersonal skills.
- Design skills and knowledge of design tools an asset.